Today, according to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, (2010):
- 1,266,000 women in Florida have been raped at some point in their lives. Thatâ€™s a 17% or 1 in 6 woman in Florida.Â
- 41.8% of women, orÂ 3,111,000, in Florida have been victimized by sexual violence other than rape.
- 79.6% of female victims who have experienced one or more completed rape experienced the first rape before the age of 25; 42.2% were under 18 at the time of the first completed rape.
- Each year over 207,754 women are victims of sexual assault.
- Every 2 minutes someone in the U.S is Assaulted.